Monday, June 20, 2011

My dad almost gave her a heart attack

As salaamu alaikum, Peace, greetings & Salutations,

My daughter is looking at me perplexed because she can't figure out why her mom just started busting out laughing. I just enjoyed an incredible memory of my dad and sister, one that tickles me so, so I decided to share it with you.

Years ago my younger sister Subhanah was home making salat, but it was not time to pray yet. My dad came home and asked us what salat Subhanah was making. We replied that she was making a special prayer, asking Allah to grant her some money because of something she wanted to buy. He was really touched by that. He gave some money to one of my siblings (can't remember which one) to sneak upstairs and stash it in her dresser. When Subhanah finished her salats, my dad gave her salaams and asked which prayer she was making. She explained that she was praying for money. My dad told her to go upstairs and look in her dresser and maybe Allah answered her prayer. She was reluctanct naturally, but she went ahead and did so. We all were downstairs laughing and just waiting for her reaction and just then... there it was......YESSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!! MY SISTER WAS SOOOOO EXCITED!! SHE WAS GOING CRAZYYYYY!! SHE TEMPORARILY WENT INSANE!! SHE COULDN'T BELIEVE ALLAH ANSWERED HER PRAYER SO FAST!!! SHE WAS HYSTERICAL!!!!! ......and we were downstairs tickled to death!! lolololol After we all enjoyed what would be one of the most memorable moments in Wahhaj history, my dad said ok guys somebody let that girl know what's going on so she can stop hyperventilating!! Hilarious!!!!

I just called Subhanah and shared that memory with her and we both started busting out laughing. What a beautiful lesson in such a beautiful way. That's my dad....always teaching :)

 For more FREE inspiring articles that will add value and quality to your life click here and like my page here.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. But..... regardless, it was really from Allah. LOL. that was so cute. MashAllah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Maryam. One of my favorite memories indeed.

      Delete